Prepare your brain for discovery
From Austin Storm
Clayton Christensen in his book The Innovators DNA notes five key behaviours that optimize your brain for discovery (direct quote):
- Associating: drawing connections between questions, problems, or ideas from unrelated fields
- Questioning: posing queries that challenge common wisdom
- Observing: scrutinizing the behavior of customers, suppliers, and competitors to identify new ways of doing things
- Networking: meeting people with different ideas and perspectives
- Experimenting: constructing interactive experiences and provoking unorthodox responses to see what insights emerge.